3 XL eggs, beaten
280g all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
400g Denny White Button Mushrooms
2 shallots, minced
4 cloves garlic, grated
2 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
½ cup Parmesan, finely grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
30g fresh sage leaves
200g Denny White Button Mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix eggs, flour, oil, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Knead with the dough hook attachment until pasta dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Wrap dough tightly with cling film and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Pulse mushrooms for the filling in a food processor until fine.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan. Add the shallots with a pinch of salt and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic, sage and mushrooms- cook until all the water has evaporated and the mushroom mixture is very dry. This is important as you do not want a watery filling.
- Remove filling from the heat and scatter in Parmesan. Mix well, adjust seasoning and set aside.
- Once the pasta has rested- divide dough into four even sections.
- Work with one section at a time, keeping the remaining sections tightly wrapped in plastic.
- Roll dough through a pasta machine until sheet is around 1.5mm thick.(On most pasta machines you want to end up on the 2nd to last setting / number 8.)
- Lay dough out on a lightly floured surface. Use a cookie cutter / tumbler to cut circles as close together as possible, twisting each time to cut all the way through.
- You want to cut 2 size circles. One slightly larger for the top to cover the filling.
- Using a piping bag, ziplock bag, or measuring spoon, add 1 teaspoon of filling to the center of the smaller disk. Lightly moisten edges of disk with pastry brush dipped in water.
- Place the second disk on top and seal while pressing out any air as you seal the edges.
- Transfer ravioli to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a clean kitchen towel while you finish making them. You can now ziplock & chill them until you are ready to cook & serve.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the ravioli.
- Cook ravioli for about 2 minutes until they float to the surface.
- Drain ravioli and reserve half a cup of pasta water for the sauce.
- While the pasta cooks- melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until lightly golden and bubbling. Add the sage and sliced mushrooms. Cook until the butter is a deep golden brown and the mushrooms are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked ravioli to buttery mushrooms along with a splash of pasta cooking water.
Toss them in the buttery sauce until sauce is silky and coats the ravioli.
- Serve straight away with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
Prep time: 75 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes