MUSHROOM QUICHE CUPS
200g Denny Portabellini Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp butter
100g cherry tomatoes
100g asparagus tips
8 free-range XL eggs 250ml / 1 cup cream
1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, divided in two
1 tsp sea salt ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
200ml Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-In Sauce
Butter, for greasing tin METHOD:
- Sautée mushrooms in butter until golden brown and they have released all their liquid.
Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling, salted water. After 1 minute plunge into an ice bath to cool. Drain and dry on paper towel. Slice into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, half of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour in the Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-In Sauce. Whisk well.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Grease a 12 cup cupcake tin with some softened butter.
- To the cupcake tin- add a few tomato halves, pieces of asparagus and cooked mushrooms. Fill with the egg mixture. Top with the remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before running a knife around each quiche and gently removing from the pan. Enjoy while warm with a green salad, heat up for breakfast or pack them into lunchboxes for super easy and delicious on-the-go meals!
Makes 12 small quiches
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes