MUSHROOM CRUNCH WRAP
2 extra-large tortillas
2 Tbsp sour cream
½ cup shredded lettuce
1 cup grated cheese
(a mix of cheddar and mozzarella gives good flavour and melting ability)
1 large tomato, diced
¼ red onion, finely diced
¼ cup / handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Juice of ½ a lime
4 large Denny Brown Mushrooms, sliced
½ small jalapeño, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Wedges of fresh lime, to serve
- Mash the avocado with a little lime juice and salt. Combine all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and toss to combine.
- In a medium sized non-stick pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the mushrooms with the jalapeño and garlic. When golden brown and just tender, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Lay the two tortillas on a clean work surface. Cut a line from each bottom edge to the centre. Divide the fillings between them.
- Starting at the bottom left quarter, add the mashed avocado to the first quadrant. Spread the second quadrant with sour cream. Top the sour cream with shredded lettuce and then salsa.
- On the whole right hand side, sprinkle the grated cheese. Top the top right quadrant of cheese with the sautéed mushrooms.
- Starting with the bottom left avocado filled corner, fold it up over the top left. Then fold it over the mushrooms top right.
- Finally, fold it down over the cheese bottom right.
- Brush the outside of the tortilla with a little olive oil.
- Pan fry in a non-stick pan over medium heat until the tortilla is very crispy on both sides and the cheese has melted.
Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes