EXOTIC MUSHROOM MISO SOUP
2 Tbsp sesame oil
4 large spring onions, sliced (about ¾ cup)
2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1 small red chilli, sliced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
200g Denny Exotic Mushrooms, sliced
1.5 litres / 6 cups vegetable stock
4 Tbsp white miso paste
¼ large Chinese cabbage (about 2 cups)
200g noodles of choice, soba, egg, wheat or other
To serve: Sliced spring onions & chilli flakes
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium sized pot. Add the spring onions, garlic, fresh chilli and ginger. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the Denny Exotic Mushrooms and the stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Scoop out a ladle or two of hot stock and place in a bowl. Mix in the miso paste and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the miso and stock back into the pot and mix.Add the shredded Chinese cabbage and cook until just tender but retains some good crunch and texture.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Divide noodles into 4 bowls. Ladle over the miso mushroom soup and scatter each bowl with fresh spring onions and chilli flakes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes