CHICKEN & MUSHROOM PHYLLO PIE
2 Tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing the pastry
1 bunch / 100g spring onions, sliced
250g Denny portabellini mushrooms, sliced
150g fine green beans, sliced into bite size pieces
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 Tbsp tarragon, leaves finely chopped
200g baby spinach
1 small rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off the bone (or ±400g cooked, shredded chicken)
200g frozen peas
1 x 400g tin Denny Creamed Mushrooms
200ml crème fraîche
Juice of ½ lemon
½ pack phyllo pastry (about 250g)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
You can make this easy pie from start to finish in an oven safe skillet / cast iron pan.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow cast iron pan on a medium heat. Add the spring onions, Denny mushrooms and green beans. Cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the mustard, tarragon, baby spinach and season well. Cook down for another few minutes.
- Add shredded chicken, frozen peas and Denny Creamed Mushrooms. Stir through and bring to a simmer.
- Switch off the heat. Add the crème fraîche, a good squeeze of lemon juice and stir through.
- Brush phyllo pastry sheets with olive oil. Tear them into smaller pieces and scrunch the sheets up in your hands. Cover the chicken and mushroom filling with scrunched up phyllo bundles.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Allow the pie to cool slightly before serving with a fresh green salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes