CHEESY MUSHROOM & SPINACH DIP
2 Tbsp olive oil
500g Denny Portabellini Mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp chilli flakes
400g spinach, *blanched, drained & squeezed dry
120g mozzarella cheese, grated
250g cream cheese
120g sour cream
25g Parmesan cheese, grated
1 large baguette, sliced and toasted
*rub with a garlic clove while still hot for extra deliciousness
*A super quick way to blanch spinach is to place the spinach in a colander / large metal sieve in the kitchen sink. Boil a kettle of water. Pour the boiling water over the spinach until wilted.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and season lightly. Cook until golden brown.
- Scoop out a large spoonful of golden brown mushrooms for finishing the dip later. Add onion, garlic and chilli flakes. Cook, until softened and fragrant.
- Add spinach and mix. Reduce heat to very low and add cream cheese and mozzarella. Stir until all the cheese has melted.
- Switch the heat off. Stir in sour cream.
- Preheat oven on grill.
- Scoop dip into an oven safe serving dish.
- Finish with the reserved mushrooms and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven and grill until the top is golden brown and the dip is bubbling.
- Serve with toasted baguette for cheesy dipping.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes