CAPRESE CHICKEN & MUSHROOM SKILLET
4 large free-range chicken breasts
1 large tomato, sliced into half moons
200g mozzarella, sliced (low moisture / not buffalo etc)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 large marrows, cut into chunky pieces
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms, cut into chunky pieces
1 x 400g tin Italian crushed tomatoes
½ cup chicken stock
1 tin Denny Condensed Mushroom Soup
100g fresh basil pesto
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven proof skillet. Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper. Sauté until tender. Add the marrows and mushrooms and mix.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, stock and Denny Condensed Mushroom Soup.
Season well and bring to a simmer.
- Cut 4 slits into each chicken breast. Stuff chicken with tomato and mozzarella slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place prepared chicken breasts on top of the vegetable medley.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breasts) until the chicken is cooked through and the mozzarella is bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and dollop fresh basil pesto onto the chicken and serve.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes