1 L water
1 cup mielie meal
1 tsp fine salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 sachet Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-in Sauce
400g Denny Braai Mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp dried herbs
4 pork chops (± 500g)
1 Tbsp paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
Salad and micro herbs, for serving
- Bring 1 litre of water to the boil. Pour in the cup of mielie meal while whisking until smooth. Add salt. Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and cook, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, sauté the onion with olive oil. Once soft add the sliced mushrooms and season with salt, pepper and dried herbs. Cook for 5 min or until the mushrooms begin to turn golden brown. Add in the sachet of Denny Creamy Mushroom Cook-in Sauce and mix well. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Once the pap is cooked add in the creamy mushrooms and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Season the pork chops with paprika and salt. On a braai over medium high heat cook the pork chops until done to your liking. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
- Serve the pork chops on a generous bed of creamy mushroom pap along with some fresh salad and a scattering of herbs.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes