4 cups stock (chicken or veg)
8 cm / thumb size piece of ginger, peeled
8 spring onions, sliced in half
2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
4 Tbsp white miso paste
400g ramen noodles (2 portions)
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms, sliced
200g baby spinach
2 XL free-range eggs
To garnish: Sliced spring onions and black sesame seeds
- Into a medium sized pot add the stock, ginger, spring onions, garlic and miso paste.
- Bring to a simmer. Place the lid on and cook for 15-20 minutes for flavours to infuse.
- Remove aromatics and discard.
- Add noodles, sliced mushrooms and baby spinach. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Boil eggs for 6.5 minutes and then plunge into a bowl of ice water.
- When cool enough peel them and slice in half. Sprinkle with salt.
- Using tongs distribute noodles into two bowls and then fill with broth and veg.
- Finish bowls with the boiled eggs and garnish with sliced spring onions & black sesame seeds
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes 2 large bowls