MUSHROOM & BEAN SOUP
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked chipotle flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tins mixed beans, drained and rinsed (e.g. butter beans, black beans, red kidney beans)
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms, sliced
1 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
4 cups stock (chicken or veg)
1 x tin Denny Condensed Mushroom Soup
Salt and pepper, to taste
To garnish: wedges of lime & fresh coriander
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Fry the onion along with the cumin, chipotle flakes, oregano, paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Add in the celery, carrots and garlic. Cook until fragrant and the vegetables are tender.
- Add in the mixed beans and sliced mushrooms. Mix.
- Pour in tinned tomatoes, stock and Denny Condensed Mushroom Soup.
- Mix, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Put the lid on and cook for 5-10 minutes until the veggies are tender and the flavours have melded together. Adjust seasoning.
- Ladle soup into bowls and squeeze over a generous amount of fresh lime juice and scatter with coriander before serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes