SWEET & SOUR LAMB MEATBALLS
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms
250g lamb mince
½ red onion, finely diced
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
1 packet Denny Sweet & Sour Cook In Sauce
Sticky sushi rice, to serve
Sesame seeds, to serve
Spring onion, to serve
1. Cut mushrooms into quarters and place in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
Pour mushrooms into a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook out all of their moisture. Make sure they are very dry before scraping them into a large mixing bowl.
2. To the mixing bowl add the lamb mince, diced onion and breadcrumbs. Mix everything thoroughly. Now add the egg, chilli flakes, garlic, ginger, coriander and season well.
3. Mix everything until well combined and then divide and shape into 12 meatballs.
4. In a large pan on medium high heat sear the meatballs in a drizzle of olive oil until golden brown on all sides.
5. Pour in the Denny Sweet & Sour Cook in Sauce. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has reduced and thickened. Spoon the sauce over the meatballs while they are cooking to glaze them.
6. Spoon a generous amount of warm, seasoned sushi rice into four bowls and top each bowl with 3 meatballs. Sprinkle over sesame seeds, sliced spring onions and serve.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes