MUSHROOM LOADED BAKED POTATO
For the mushrooms: 250g brown mushrooms, sliced 2 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, diced 1 tbsp oregano Salt and pepper
For the potatoes:
4 large potatoes 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp salt
1⁄2 cup spring onions 1 1⁄2 cups mixed cheddar & mozzarella cheese, grated, separated 1⁄2 cup sour cream
For the garnish: Sour cream Chives
1. Preheat an oven to 180C.
2. Prick the potatoes with a fork on all sides, then rub them with the olive oil and salt. Bake the potatoes for an hour or until fork tender.
3. While the potatoes are baking, slice the mushrooms. In a pan over medium heat add the olive oil sliced mushrooms, onion, garlic and oregano. Cook until mushrooms have released most of their water and begin to turn golden. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Once the potatoes have cooked, slice long ways along the top. Gently squeeze the sliced potatoes to open the hole further. Remove the cooked potato flesh and put it into a bowl.
5. To the cooked potato add the spring onions, 1 cup of the mixed cheese and the sour cream. Mix well and fill the empty potato shells with the mixture. Top with the remaining 1⁄2 cup cheese and return to the oven.
6. Bake the potatoes again for 10 min under the grill to melt the cheese on top.
7. Once the cheese has melted and begins to turn golden, remove the potatoes from the oven. Allow to cool slightly and serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 70 min