CHICKEN À LA KING SALAD PITAS
1 Tbsp olive oil
250g Denny Brown Mushrooms, sliced
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 x 400g Denny Chicken à la King Cook-in Sauce
2 cups baby gem lettuce, shredded
1 cup cucumber, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
½ red onion, finely diced (about ½ cup)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt flakes
4 pitas, toasted
Lemon wedges for serving
1. In a drizzle of olive oil sear the mushrooms on high heat. Season to taste. Add cooked chicken and Denny Chicken à la King Cook-in Sauce. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Toss to combine.
3. Slice the tops off 4 pitas and toast. Place toasted pitas onto small mugs or ramekins once toasted to keep them open before they cool.
4. Fill pitas with layers of salad and chicken à la king mixture.
5. Squeeze over fresh lemon juice just before serving and enjoy.
Makes 4 pita pockets
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes