500 Denny portabellini mushrooms, sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
250g streaky bacon, sliced into 2cm pieces
200g baby spinach
2 cloves garlic, crushed
250ml Denny Creamy Cheese Pasta Sauce
½ tsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste
2 sheets store bought puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
Fresh oregano leaves, for serving
1. Join puff pastry sheets together to form one large piece and place on baking paper. Using a large dinner plate cut about a 30cm round circle from pastry square, reserving trimmings. You may need to patch some spots with the cut offs. Using a small bowl (about 10cm) press a light circle dent into the centre of the pastry. Now, using a sharp knife, cut the circle into 8 wedges, leaving circle intact. Place pastry on a tray in the fridge to firm up again.
2. Fry portabellini mushrooms in olive oil until they release their water. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, add the bacon and fry until crisp. Add the garlic and spinach and cook down. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the Denny Creamy Cheese Pasta Sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Remove pastry from the fridge. Spoon the creamy spinach mixture into a ring around the pastry. Pick up the tip of one of the center triangles and carefully wrap it over the filling and outer edge of pastry to seal. Repeat until wreath is complete. Brush with egg wash and then bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown at 220˚C.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool / set before slicing. Transfer onto a board, scatter with fresh oregano and serve slices while still warm.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes