PORTABELLA FRIES WITH SPICY MAYO
4 Denny Portabella mushrooms
1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
⅔ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup italian parsley, chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp sea salt flakes
3 large eggs
1 cup flour
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp sriracha
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Pinch sea salt
1. Whisk all dipping sauce ingredients together and keep in the fridge until serving.
2. Preheat oven to 220˚C. Prepare a wire rack on top of a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Slice the portabella mushrooms into thick 2cm slices. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl- combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, chilli flakes and sea salt. Mix well.
5. Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk well.
6. Place the flour in a bowl and put your breadcrumb mix, flour and eggs all nearby.
7. Dip each mushroom slice into the flour, then eggs and finally the panko mix. Make sure they are well covered. Place onto wire rack. Repeat with all the mushroom slices.
8. Place your oven rack onto the top third position in the oven.
Bake the mushrooms in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip each mushroom slice over and bake again for 5 minutes or until the underside is golden brown and crisp.
9. Serve while hot with the spicy dipping sauce.
Serves 4 as a canapé or starter
Cook time: 10 min
Prep time: 15 min