MUSHROOM KEBABS WITH COUSCOUS SALAD
250g DENNY Portabellini Mushrooms
12 ripe cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, quartered
320g Halloumi cheese, cut into 12 cubes
1 pineapple, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups couscous
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp origanum
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Build skewers: mushroom, red onion, cube of halloumi, cherry tomato, chunk of pineapple, mushroom, red onion, cube of halloumi, cherry tomato & mushroom. Brush them with a little olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. If using wooden skewers soak them in a little water before assembling to prevent them burning.
2. Braai the kebabs until the veggies are cooked through and the halloumi has dark golden crunchy bits all round.
3. Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a medium to large pot. Sprinkle in the couscous, stir and switch off the heat. Replace the lid and leave for 5 minutes before forking over until fluffy. For an extra indulgence add a blob of butter while forking through the couscous! Set aside.
4. Make the salad dressing in a jar. Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, origanum, chilli flakes and a good dose of salt and pepper. Shake well until emulsified.
5. Plate the couscous and top with rocket, zucchini ribbons, thinly sliced radish, pomegranate rubies and then a generous drizzle of dressing.
6. Place the kebabs on top of the salad and serve immediately.