250g DENNY Portabellini mushrooms
250g free-range beef mince
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup spring onions, sliced
1 free-range egg
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp freshly chopped oregano
12 slices streaky bacon
4 free-range eggs
4 burger buns
1 x Denny Black Pepper Mushroom Sauce
1 ripe tomatoe, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
8 slices Emmental cheese (or any cheese of your liking)
freshly ground black pepper
1. Finely dice the mushrooms or place in a food processor and pulse until fine.
Scrape into a large frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook until all the water evaporates.
2. In a large mixing bowl place the mince, cooked mushrooms, breadcrumbs, spring onions, one egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper. Mix well.
3. Form into patties and grill on the braai until done to your liking.
4. Brush the buns with the melted butter and toast on the braai alongside the burgers.
5. Once the burgers are ready to be assembled fry 4 eggs in a drizzle of olive oil keeping the yolk nice and runny and the streaky bacon until crisp.
6. Heat the Denny Mushroom Sauce in a small sauce pan until simmering.
7. Assemble the burgers with the toasted bun, some fresh lettuce, the patty, cheese, tomato, onion, bacon, Denny Mushroom Sauce, fried egg and the crispy top bun and enjoy!